Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thursday, January 20, 2005: A HEALING RESPONSE TO THE DEVASTATION :

When I first heard of the earthquake and tsunami on December 26, I felt numb. IT didn't register at all. A few days later, when I realized the magnitude of the disaster, I felt shock and grief. I made phone calls to my family in Sri Lanka to make sure they were OK. They were. Relief!!!! I had strange feelings of DejaVu, as if I knew the terrifying fear of being washed away unexpectedly. I have had dreams in which I experienced running from a huge wall of water, and have feared big waves. I am not sure what this means, but the situation felt familiar in some strange way. Within me I knew that I had to offer help using all the skills and understanding about healing that I had acquired throughout my life.

I am planning to go to Sri Lanka for a few months starting in early March, after I complete the first semester of my combined Masters/Doctoral studies in Spiritual Healing at Holos University. My husband Nimi too is interested in going to Sri Lanka and doing whatever he can to help, but this is less certain at this time, and if he goes it will be for a few years. At this point, nothing is for sure except that we are both willing, able and eager to help. So we will wait and see how it works out. Whatever happens, there will be much internal and external preparation to do prior to our departure. The challenge will for me to be patient and to stay flexible, and to do whatever I can to help from wherever I am.

For starters, I decided to do a healing visioning meditation each month on the 26th at 7:30 pm, and I invite anyone who wishes to join me either in person or in spirit from wherever they are. I will be doing this each month fo a year, and I invite you to participate however you can. Please let me know if you will be joining us by responding right on this blog site. This way, when we do the meditation in my home we will consciously include you in our healing circle by name.

The meditation is not only for Sri Lanka, but for all the areas affected by the tsunami. Each time we meet in a healing circle, I will post it on this blog. Most (not all) of the people who come to the healing circles at my house are Reiki practitioners, but I invite anyone who wants to join us to be a part of this. While Reiki is a powerful way of connecting and healing, I believe that anyone who joins us in the collective intention will add to the energetic effect, and ride the Reiki wave with us. I can't prove that this will be so, but I know intuitively that it is so, just because we all intend it.

So if you wish to join us at 7:30pm EST in the US, on the 26th of each month in 2005, please do so. Feel free to use this blog site to share your experience with me and the others who will be blogging here.

Peace & light to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment